Life is a game, hockey is SERIOUS!
The Serious Academy of Hockey's goal is to provide an exciting Hockey environment; maintaining the player's confidence and well-being as top priorities. This is gained through exceptional instruction focusing on skills and drills combined with functional conditioning.
Serious Academy of Hockey is the only all in one on ice and dry land training facility in Saskatoon.
What We Offer:
Serious Academy of Hockey is committed to developing hockey players in all areas of play. Through our extensive on and off ice programming players can find specialized training to meet their needs year round.
We strive to bring out the best in each player we work with helping them set and achieve their goals through our focused training on individual skill development.
July 6, 2020
Rod Hamm Memorial Hockey Facility
- Team leaders / coaches / organizers must submit to a list of participants by email to the rink before every ice time.
- Spectators (1 parent per participant) must sign in on arrival with name and phone number to facilitate contact tracing. Attendance records will be kept for one month and be used for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing. Spectators must use designated viewing area ONLY, and practice social distancing.
- Maximum participants will be set at 20 including instructors.
- Participants will arrive and be let in the building no more than 15 minutes prior to ice time and vacate immediately within 15 minutes of ice time ending.
- NO SHOWERS
- Children unable to tie their own skates, must enter the facility with their skates on (tied outside, and use skate guards)
- Each session can use 2 designated dressing rooms, with 8 participants per room, as well as 4 designated chairs located close to the Quakers room, or the Westley's room. It is up to the Instructor to designate which players go into which rooms. The White board in the lobby will indicate which rooms you are assigned to.
- Everyone entering the facility must use the hand sanitizer provided and maintain 2 metre social distancing.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES (except participants water bottles)
- Everyone must enter through the front door and use the assigned exits closest to their dressing rooms. One-way traffic only
- Please review the Official Government Sports and Activities Guidelines below:
Sports and Activities Guidelines >>
COVID-19 WAIVER AND QUESTIONAIRE
Please complete the following questionnaire and sign it no sooner then 24 hours before attending your scheduled camp.
New Preschool Learn to Skate
This program is perfect for the beginner skater to get comfortable on the ice
Private and Semi-private On Ice Sessions
One on one instruction or small groups sessions, on ice training.
Fall Breakfast Club
Breakfast Clubs are offered on weekday mornings from 7:00-8:00am throughout the season.
"Just wanted to thank Randy, Dave and all the coaches at SAH for the attention to detail and personal development they invest in all their athletes, and specifically my daughter Brooklyn. We live in Moose Jaw, but the drive to Saskatoon is worth every penny. Your camps and practices are second to none, and we leave every one feeling that you are looking out for her personal development, and that she has come out of each one a better player."
"The Serious Academy of Hockey offers a terrific program with top level instructors and a very challenging and creative curriculum. The young athlete is exposed to on and off ice instruction that will improve skill and game scenarios in a positive environment. What a great opportunity for young student-athletes to combine their academic education and hockey development. I highly recommend it!!"
"During my 26 years of coaching, I have come to learn that in the world of hockey you need to have great integrity and many different ways to communicate your message. You also need to be passionate and innovative. You need not look any further that the instruction at Serious Academy to fulfill those criteria, I wholeheartedly endorse this academy as a place you should consider for your athlete".
"Serious Academy of Hockey is a must for any hockey player looking to take their game to the next level. The quality of instruction and attention to detail is second to none.
The staff at SAOH is not only knowledgeable, but passionate about developing your athlete. I would put my trust in their exciting new camps."
"How has SAH helped your Surge Hockey Spring Program?
"Well to begin with we wanted to start something different than what was currently offered at the time and that is when we met Randy and Dave and began to layout our idea to them. Both groups believe in skill development vs just winning at all costs. We have been with them for 3 years and have seen great improvement in our kids skills and confidence. We also use them for dryland training, hockey IQ, and the nutrition side of things. SAH has provided a positive, fun learning environment for our kids to excel their hockey and life skills. We couldn't be happier with the direction our kids are going."
"Our family has been very impressed with the SAH program. The instructors and staff at SAH have had a great impact both on and off the ice for our daughters. The sessions have increased their confidence, their skating ability (speed and agility), puck handling, strength and knowledge about healthy food choices to power their bodies for competition. The encouragement and expertise provided by the instructors in all areas of hockey have surpassed all of our expectations. Our daughters look forward to their sessions with SAH whether it be at 7 am or 7 pm and never want their time on the ice to end! We look forward to working with SAH for many years to come. We feel that SAH offers a superior hockey program and that the instruction our daughters have received during hockey camps and training sessions have had a tremendous impact on their development as young hockey players."
Pam & Joey Beaudry
"My kids attend various camps and extra skates with different instructors in the Saskatoon area. A SAH summer camp is the one camp that my kids ask to return to year after year. The highly qualified instructors make the combination of dryland workouts in the performance center, hockey IQ class-room sessions and on-ice instruction a fun and exciting week for my kids. Randy's nick-names rock! SAH camps provide instruction to support and develop both the mental and physical aspects of hockey. SAH instructors are extremely positive, creating an environment where players are developing their hockey skills along with the confidence that is required to transfer the skills from practice to game, yet they hold them accountable so that good practice habits are developed as well. My kids have also been regular participants in the SAH Breakfast Club during the winter season and we have heard from their teachers repeatedly that the days at school that follow the morning practice are their best of the week. We have found Serious Academy of Hockey to be an all-around great hockey/life experience!"