Full-time Hockey/Education Program
Full-time Hockey/Education Program
Our mission at Serious Academy of Hockey is to create an opportunity for individuals who have a passion for hockey to achieve their full potential in academics, athletics and citizenship and to create long- term development in all of these areas. By insuring that all of our participants are being challenged and supported on and off the ice and keeping them accountable for their efforts, attitudes and conduct we create an atmosphere for confidence, self motivation and independence to thrive.
We realize that excellence in all areas requires hard work, dedication, teamwork, discipline and commitment. Our educators, instructors and trainers will work hard to ensure the resources and support is in place to make this possible for every student/athlete to succeed.
Our intention is to develop strong hockey skills in each individual participating by having daily purposeful on ice sessions as well as alternating fitness and dry land hockey skills training and regular Hockey IQ. Through a "blended approach" of education we will work towards assisting students/players to reach their highest potential of academics athletics and citizenship.
SAH schedule will be flexible, putting academics in the forefront as well as SAH staff will have necessary communication with the GSCS and SPS teachers to insure all areas of the student/player's academics are being met first and foremost.
This program is open to applicants in grades 5-10.
We offer part-time options, please call us to discuss!
We know that the unique tailored education programs combined with a passion for the game will help to create a year of major growth for all involved. We appreciate and value the opportunity to work with each individual who joins our program. Through a shared love of hockey we work towards teaching young athletes not only about the game but valuable skills in life by developing a strong work ethic, leadership skills, confidence, a positive attitude and a respect for self and others.
Call 306-382-PUCK for further details or to discuss
What a Day at Serious Acadmey of Hockey Looks Like
1:00-2:00 Monday, Wednesday and Friday fitness dry-land session in SAH Performance Centre.
1:00-2:00 Tuesday and Thursday hockey skills dry-land session in SAH Performance Centre.
2:15-3:15 daily on ice individual skill development session. Focus for skill development will change throughout the year as players master skills offering exceptional instruction incorporating power skating, balance, agility, stride development, quickness, edge work, shooting, stick handling and more. Video analysis is used regularly to teach and reinforce proper technique.
3:30-4:20 Monday and Thursday Hockey IQ in SAH classroom.
Examples; ongoing nutrition, mental toughness, video analysis, personal motivations and goal setting.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday Study Hall in SAH classrooms, student/athletes use this supervised time to keep up with their academics.
WE REGULARILY BRING IN EXPERTS AND GUEST SPEAKERS TO ADDRESS AND SUPPORT OUR HOCKEY IQ THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
- Student/players are expected to have their own transportation to and from Rod Hamm/Harold Latrace arena.
- There is a SAH shuttle service offered to City Park students for families who wish to sign up for it.
- Any field trips transportation and associated cost will be provided/covered by SAH.
- All players receive SAH jerseys and work out wear including shorts and a t-shirt.
- SAH regularly offers cross over training to support student/player's athletic development such as yoga, golf, badminton, Frisbee golf and rock climbing and stretch and mobility clinics.
- Throughout the year we work hard at developing strong leaders who have an awareness of community and introduce life lessons in citizenship through regular group visits to the Saskatoon Food Bank. Other opportunities have been participating in a recycle program to raise funds to donate, visiting and participating in activities at Oliver Lodge and attending WE Day.
- Our coaches and trainers will schedule and meet with parents and/or players during the year to discuss academics, progress on and off the ice and set goals as the players develop to insure continued progress throughout the year.